Testing, testing 2 1 5: New Android Beta out now.
This new version makes ownCloud on Android even more secure and can now be tested.
**Caution**: It ditches support for old versions of ownCloud and Android!
Ready to make your ownCloud experience on Android more secure? Then go check out or public beta of version 2.1.5. in the Play Store (F-Droid will follow soon).
- The Login has been comprehensively rebuilt, including changes to basic authentication and oAuth
- now supports OpenId Connect (OIDC). To test, please log in to the demo server ocis-latest.owncloud.com with any of these (einstein:relativity, marie:radioactivity, feynman:superfluidity) credentials
- now supports the native biometrical lock (activate in settings and then reopen the app)
- now supports usernames that include a plus-sign (+)
- new bottom navigation bar
- some crash fixes
- support for Android KitKat OS (be sure to use at least Android 5.0)
- support for ownCloud Servers older than oc10 (be sure to use at least version 10.0.0)
How to join the beta testing program?
If you want to join the beta program in PlayStore, you will need to have the last app version installed. If you already have the last version installed, go to ownCloud app in PlayStore and scroll down to the end of the view; there you will see a new tab like the one below, just press the “I’M IN” button to join and your app will be replaced with the beta.
How can I send my feedback to ownCloud developers?
If you find a bug or want to make any suggestion, please participate in one of these channels:
- Open a new issue on Github: https://github.com/owncloud/android/issues/
- Open a new topic on central: https://central.owncloud.org/
- Write to email@example.com
Your feedback would be highly appreciated!