Contacts 1.5.1 has been released!
December 5, 2016
In the past days some heavy bug fixing did take place in the ownCloud Contacts app.
DAVDroid sync bug because of illegal REV value
While the DAVDroid community was debugging an issue it has been detected that we are actually setting an invalid REV value with the VCard as soon as a user is editing a contacts in the Contacts App. I’d like to thank https://github.com/rfc2822 for debugging and verifying the fix the patch.
While importing VCards we are now verify that only VCards of version 3.0 and 4.0 are imported and in addition any server error is now reported back to the user.
Copy CardDAV Url to Clipboard
Especially on mobile devices it was quite hard to select and copy the full CardDAV Url from the settings panel. This is now much easier with the copy to clipboard button which is powered by the angular library ngclipboard.
Date formatting issues
Remove ugly auto correction from input fields
This patch was provided by John Molakvoæ – Thanks a lot!
Have fun using ownCloud Contacts 1.5.1!
Please keep in mind that this is open source and you can contribute and make this app even more awesome!
ownCloud and GÃ‰ANT offers Education Customers Special Pricing for Collabora
December 1, 2016
Email Data Size Limitations eliminated with Outlook Plug-In
November 23, 2016
Today we announced the release of a new Microsoft Outlook plug-in. This means that you can easily send secure files as well as whole folders. Now, instead of attachments, the plug-in will automatically add the links to corresponding files within ownCloud, without having to change your workflow. The plug-in is fully integrated into Outlook, easy to use, and works with secure SSL encryption.
Outlook is still the default solution for emails, calendars, and tasks at many companies. With the new plug-in, we are opening up a new dimension in secure email-based file sharing for the more than ten million ownCloud users. Many Microsoft Exchange operators have explicitly asked us for an Outlook plug-in. Thanks to our partnership with BW-Tech, we are now able to make one available for the market!
The Outlook plug-in ensures that the link to the files and the password needed for downloading them are automatically sent separately for added security. And to ward off viruses, all the data is checked for malicious software before being sent to the ownCloud server. For those users who often send large amounts of data, this will benefit them greatly, as the data is accessed via a link, meaning there are no size limitations when it comes to sending your data.
The plug-in is now available for both our subscription and community users in German and in English. Be sure to test it out with a 30 day free trial today. After the free trial period the PlugIn will be priced at 5.95 €/p.a.
Nuremberg ownCloud meetup revitalized
November 17, 2016
tl;dr: ownCloud Meetup Nuremberg on 22. Nov. 2016, 19:00 CET @ CoWorking Nuremberg, Josephsplatz 8
We’ld like to invite anyone, yes anyone, not exclusively developers, to join us on November, 22nd for the next meetup @CoWorking Nuremberg. Our aim is to broaden the ownCloud community, as we see many aspects of possible contributions. Of course coding will stay on top of the list, but we would love to see more contributions from our users, admins or system integrators. We are pretty confident to get a very valuable input from all mentioned groups which will further improve ownCloud.
To give you an idea on the actual status of the ownCloud development, our position on market you will meet several members of the ownCloud staff. If you want to show up for first hand info and some bretzels signup at:
Maintenance and Security Update for ownCloud Server released
November 15, 2016
We are pleased to announce that new versions of ownCloud Server are here!
The releases include several lower severity security patches and hardenings.
The release of 9.1.2, 9.0.6, 8.2.9, 8.1.11 and 8.0.16 includes e.g. the following fixes:
- User_LDAP: Added OCC command to update group mappings
- User_LDAP: Fix issue with “(2)” appearing on shares when refreshing users in some scenarios
- Core: Display feedback in users page when changing password
- Core: Improve users page performance by not sorting after every add
- Core: Enabling an app now also analyzes dependencies at this time instead of only at install
- Core: Reuse cached app info to avoid high load on some environments
- Core: Fix misleading SSL/TLS SMTP email configuration
- DAV: Improve chunk assembly performance for new DAV endpoint
- Files: Properly translate file summary in lists
- Sharing: Let the share owner increase permissions
- Federation: Save some memory in sync job by releasing mount info after each user
- Federation: Fix federated address book syncing by using the correct background job name
- CalDAV: Add Schedule and IMip plugins when receiving webdav v1 api calendar calls
- Updater: Fix web UI update in some environments
- Updater: Retrigger integrity check after update
Downloads, full changelogs and documentation may be found at the links below:
- Changelog: https://owncloud.org/changelog/
- Documentation: https://doc.owncloud.org/
- Download: https://owncloud.org/install/
- For any issues or questions pls get in contact at: https://central.owncloud.org