New Maintenance Releases Out, Time to Upgrade
We just made ownCloud 9.0.2, 8.2.4, 8.1.7, 8.0.12 and 7.0.14 available. These bring improvements to sharing, stability, performance and security. We recommended an upgrade as soon as possible! changelog The 9.0.2, 8.2.4, 8.1.7, 8.0.12 and 7.0.14 releases include the following improvements: Fixes to share link upon upgrade Resolved error message about latest version Don’t call […]
The 9.0.2, 8.2.4, 8.1.7, 8.0.12 and 7.0.14 releases include the following improvements:
- Fixes to share link upon upgrade
- Resolved error message about latest version
- Don’t call getUid on null for trashbin retention via cron
- Avoid fatal PHP error during cron execution
- Show proper message if Files Drop link was deleted
- Allow scrolling in announcement center
- Error out if a local storage isn’t setup correctly
- Check whether index is set before using it
We like to remind you that ownCloud 7.x will reach End of Life in this month, May 2016. No mores security and stability updates will be made available so we recommend strongly to move to a newer, supported release.
Those waiting for an update notification from the updater app won’t have to wait much longer. We ran into some issues at the 9.0.1 release but these have been resolved, a new updater server is being tested and things should start working by the end of this week. The Virtual Machine images have not yet been fully updated, these will come as soon as possible.
Enjoy your fresh ownCloud!
EDIT: the new update server has been deployed. You should be notified of updates to the latest stable version of the release you’re on. We’ll enable further upgrades once we’re confident everything is working well.