For the fourth time, the awesominals behind ownCloud get together at the TU Berlin for a week of writing code and sharing beer, knowledge and inspiration. Work will get done:
- Coding (PHP, JS, C++)
- Design & Front-end
- Translation & Documentation
- Marketing & Promo
Read our blog on the ownCloud Contributor Conference 2015 to get a feeling of the conf.
Techtalks & Workshops
We will also have a program with talks and workshops to provide a chance to learn and improve coding skills on and around ownCloud.
Examples from last year include:
- Learn to write your first ownCloud Server App
- Find out about the state of the Music, Files or Contacts app
- Secure your PHP application
- How is ownCloud used for 500.000 students
We will publish a Call for Papers in Q2 2016
This is a hands-on event. Bring your laptop!
The ownCloud Contributor Conference will be entirely open and free. We do ask you to register to help us plan better for the event
Our conference will take place in Berlin at the Technische Universität Berlin, in the "Institut für Mathematik" building, main entree at Strasse des 17. Juni 136, 10623 Berlin.
View Larger Map
Berlin and accommodation
We gathered some hotel options for you! Be quick, last year many hotels already had no space left in May...
- Ibis Budget Berlin Kurfürstendamm This affordable hotel (starting at Eur 50/night) is one U-bahn stop or a 25 minute walk away from the University. Most of the core developers will be staying here.
- Youth hotel Aletto Kudamm (starting at Eur 50) is walking distance.
- Hotel Amelie is just a quick U-bahn trip away and is affordable.
- Novotel Berlin Am TiergartenThis hotel costs about Eur 75/night but is very conveniently located at the closest S-bahn station. You do risk sleeping on the side of the train, though, that isn't fun.
If these hotels are full or not to your liking, you can use this site to find something close by the University.
Code of conduct
We want everybody to feel welcome at the event. Please be mindful of our code of conduct. Also, please note that there will be video recording. The conference is an open space, please be sure that you are comfortable with that. Of course, you can always ask people not to take pictures or video of you.