5 years ago — on January the 17th 2010 to be exact — Frank announced the ownCloud project as part of the Camp KDE keynote in San Diego. Over the next 5 years, we — you and us — have built a great way to safely share and sync files. We’ve also together built a wonderful community of talented people.
So, we want to celebrate this anniversary together with you. And what would be a better way than hearing from you the developers and users — our community.
If you are an ownCloud user, please send us an email: how do you use ownCloud? Why? Any story about how ownCloud saved your bacon, or made you a hero? We will create a special website and feature some of your responses, pictures and videos.
If you are an ownCloud developer, same deal: why ownCloud, anything fun you want to share?
So if you like ownCloud and want to help send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your birthday wishes for ownCloud
- When did you get involved with ownCloud?
- When and how did you heard of ownCloud for the first time?
- What do you like about ownCloud?
- What can be improved in ownCloud?
- On what hardware do you run ownCloud?
- How many users do you have on your ownCloud instance?
- What else do you want to say?
Please send us your email by January the 15th to email@example.com
We will feature the best quotes on a special anniversary website.
Thanks a lot to everyone!!