New in ownCloud Server 8.0
Federate your clouds
ownCloud Server 8 improves Federated Cloud sharing, allowing users to share files by directly referring to users on other ownCloud servers and introducing notifications and user interface improvements to the sharing process.
ownCloud Server 8 delivers better performance and more control for administrators thanks to enhanced user, storage and app management.
Details on ownCloud Server 8
Be in control
ownCloud Server 8 introduces favorites support and much improved search functionality, enabling users to have extremely quick and easy access to important files without having to navigate through all their data.
Mobile and Desktop syncing
Access your data on any platform. Use the Android or iOS clients to work with your files on the go or synchronize your favorite folders seamlessly
between your desktop and laptop devices.
External Storage and Encryption
Add external storage to your ownCloud with Dropbox, SWIFT, FTPs, Google Docs, S3, external WebDAV servers and more. Enable the encryption app to
encrypt data on external storage for improved security and privacy.
ownCloud Documents is collaborative editing of rich-text documents that lets up to 5 individuals collaborate to edit .odt or .doc files securely
within the browser. Documents may then be shared inside ownCloud or via a public link. See it in action on YouTube
Versioning and Undelete
ownCloud stores your data and lets you bring back data that was deleted accidentally. Find previous versions of files you modified and bring them
Share photo galleries with friends and family. Give them access to upload pictures, view and download them. Send a link to anybody you choose, and
control whether they can share those photos with anyone else.
See what is going on in your ownCloud. See who shared a file with you or when you created, changed or deleted files. Access the feed via RSS, an API
for Desktop or Mobile clients or receive email notifications.
Share your calendar with other ownCloud users or groups on your ownCloud server, easy and quick.
Store your contacts in ownCloud and share them among your devices so you always have access to your friends, family and colleagues.
Want to add one of the existing applications to ownCloud? Simply enable a new application in settings, and it will be automatically downloaded
and installed in your ownCloud instance.
- Smooth performance and easy user interface.
- File editing and preview support for PDF, images, text files, Open Document, Word files and more.
- Integration of anti-virus scanning functionality with the anti-virus app.
- LDAP / Active directory integration
- Example files for new users. Preload a new user's Files area with, for example, a tutorial file, which appears when they first log in.
- Powerful integrated logging
- Fine-grained control over access to data and sharing capabilities by user and by group.
- Advanced quota management with configurable accounting of external storage.
- Sharing REST API. Control sharing from mobile apps and desktop clients
- Easy development of 3rd party apps with the share REST API. Quick access to core functions for app development with the powerful ownCloud App API and webhooks following
the publication / subscription model.
Discuss ownCloud with others
join the ownCloud community
ownCloud Contributor Conference